MWB has adopted Bodomase Health Center
Medics Without Borders (MWB) has adopted Bodomase Health Center at Bodomase in Ghana. The Health Center is operated by the Ghana Health Service under the auspices of the Sekyere-Kumawu Health Directorate. Due to lack of necessary equipment and other resources to manage the facility and to run an effective and efficient healthcare services at the Center, MWB has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to support and maintain the Health Center to an acceptable standard.
Volunteers are encouraged to participate in making the Bodomase Health Center a modern medical treatment facility where the sick can receive modern healthcare services. Plans include:
- Training the staff on modern medical practices.
- Equipping the facility with adequate medical supplies and equipment for patient care.
- Enrolling citizens of Bodomase and surrounding communities for free in the National Health Insurance Scheme. It costs about $2.00 per person per year to enroll in the health insurance scheme. School children are the number one priority.
- Implementing tele-health system at the facility to leverage access to care provided by specialists and volunteers from around the globe.
- Implementing a web-based electronic health records (EHR) system to maintain patients health records.
- Fielding the Center with laptops, tablets and other portable computer systems to leverage tele-health services and telecommuting by the staff.
- Establishing point-of-care laboratory services to run basic and essential testd in support of medical diagnoses.
- Promoting public health programs such as prevention of HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted infections (STIs); promoting mental health programs, creating awareness on drug abuse, promoting safe motherhood, food safety, environmental safety, etc, etc.
- Establishing physiotherapy and other rehabilitation programs to meet the needs of the community.
- Establishing palliative care services to meet the needs of the aging population and those with terminal diseases.
- Other services as may be required.